Thursday, June 23, 2011

{She Troubleshoots } Participating in Small Business Contests



So if you're in the small business world, or maybe if you're intrigued by winning a large contest. I'm always intrigued by contests. Maybe it's because I'm super very competitive. As a kid I hated to lose at anything. When the hubby and I used to have game night before we had the boys, I would get all crazy mad when he used to win consistently at Uno...yeah I know pretty sad.

But hey listen I'm honest. I hate to lose! So when I enter a contest for growing my small business and the call to action is votes...I immediately get uneasy. Because I don't like to solely rely on others for the sake of my goal. I get it in order to get where I'd like to be I'll have to rely on others more experience than me, or with my skills. This I'm fine with...but purely on people voting, or choosing to support me. It makes me nervous.

Case in point. I'd love to win this contest hosted by Pitney Bowes, for a small business communication makeover. While only 50% of their criteria is votes, here's my schtick...I have over 700 twitter followers, and over 500 facebook 'fans'...so why in sam's hades do I only have 91 votes???? Oh and if you voted for me...Big Thank you...and Hugs!..now go tell your friends to vote too! :)

Can someone please answer this for me? Uugh...anyway. I press on...I'm a fixer of things...I troubleshoot.

----} My troubleshooting{----

I decide to keep entering other contests, that don't necessarily involve my 'friends' to vote. I've also entered a contest hosted by Daily Candy...which if you know anything about is a super swell website dedicated to bringing a huge mass of loyal readers neat, indie businesses. I want In!

No comments:

Post a Comment