Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{She Troubleshoots} Vacation/Staycation

It's not too often...well hardly never that I get a whole week by myself...no spouse (by Navy default) no boys (by Sister-in-law Yay). I cannot even tell you the last time this has happened...but anyway I'm trying my hardest to not stress over returning to work on Monday and just enjoy this.

Everyone knows that first day back to work after a glorious vacation is the Worst! But I'm putting in good effort to get things accomplished, breathe and enjoy this time.

So far I've gone to lunch at Gordon Biersch, my fave.

Had my very first pedicure...ever~ that was a nice experience.

Mowed the lawn..no hoopla there

Got to read a real book...wow that's a big one

And today I'll be having lunch with my good friend Amanda who happens to be an awesome Chiropractor.

Later today I'll be having dinner with my friends from Gel group...and later after that its...wait for it.....Janet Jackson!!! How sweet this vacation has been...now if I can just really enjoy the time and quit stressin' over going back to my 9-5 I'll be good.

But wouldn't it be nice if I could ditch my 9-5 and truly live a life that makes me feel like this all the time...without the time off part?

I hear it happens when you are doing things you're passionate about and truly enjoy...I'm working on that right now. I have a client I'm meeting with on Thursday to finish up her web design for her new business, and then following up with a potential new client with some mobile marketing assistance.

Guess the trick is to replicate this over and over and get into a groove...*sigh*...and I keep grindin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment